Monday, May 26, 2008

Dance Son!

I've been having a difficult time finding new music lately and I'm not altogether sure why.  Let's hope that trend doesn't continue.  In the meantime, here are a few songs that I've got shuffling through my iTunes...

The Fratellis: Flathead. Yep, from the iTunes commercial, still awesome though. This dance indie/pop trio lend themselves toward the mainstream far more than I normally venture; I just can't seem to get enough. Dancing shoes pls.

The Steers: Julia. Bloc Party reincarnated. This is a good thing! Julia is their new single which they are releasing sans an accompanying album. This reeks of a label move...mainstream labels rule.

Tides of Man: Not My Love. We're back to the progressive, experimental jams that I enjoy so. I'm really happy to say I stumbled upon another band I can lump in with Circa Survive, The Receiving End of Sirens and The Mars Volta...well, they aren't their yet, but it seems like they have tools and the talent. Keep on the lookout as they're currently working on a new album (or you could check back here as I'll be following them obsessively).

Hope you enjoy the jams, and remember, never cross the streams.

JMMP.

No comments: