Sunday, June 15, 2008

Person L at DC9, 6/16


Tomorrow night former The Starting Line bassist/frontman Kenny Vasoli will be bringing his new band, Person L, to DC9.

With The Starting Line on their “hiatus”, Vasoli traded in his bass for a guitar, put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and started with his new venture. Person L is an indie/experimental act that substitutes the hook-laden choruses heard in The Starting Line with less poppy/even vocal arrangements. The music itself consists of a basic guitar, bass, piano, drums setup.

I personally have had trouble getting into Person L. I feel like some of their songs are a bit thrown together and lack a sense of direction. However, after seeing The Starting Line live a few times, listening to their music since their inception, and knowing Vasoli has a killer voice, I feel guilty not giving Person L a real chance. With that being said, I'll be there. The shows starts at 8:30PM.

Sunshine, one song I do like from their Myspace page, is available to check out in the player on the left side of the page.

UPDATE! The Person L show was much better than I thought it would be. They played many more songs than are available on the web, and they played those songs with such conviction...it was awesome to see. They have an album coming out August 5. I'll definitely be picking it up.

JMMP.

No comments: