Friday, June 6, 2008

Inkwell and They Live By Night

As I prepare for a short road trip, I'm thinking of what songs to put on my "I'm driving and bored" mix. Here are a couple of bands that come to mind:

Inkwell - a Florida based rock/pop/indie band. They've only released one LP and their myspace page blog hasn't been updated in about a year, so I don't know what the band's current status is. This is a shame because I'm really into their music. The songs are pretty generic indie rock, but really upbeat with creative vocal arrangements and melodies. You can check their purevolume page for a couple additional songs (their myspace only has a few). Songs that are going on the mix: Just Take The Monkey and Leave, I Am The Tightrope.

They Live By Night - Pop/Rock trio from Sweden. They were originally a four-piece and released an LP (Art and Wealth) and an EP, however, recently parted ways with the fourth member and completely changed their sound. Where Art and Wealth was harder and filled with electric guitar, their newer songs contain strings and keys. I personally think both styles are great and urge you to check out all of their stuff. Songs that will be going on the mix: Endless Summer, Meaningless Repair.

You can check out all of these songs on the player on the right side of the page. I've also included an older They Live By Night song called Truth or Dare.

JMMP.

No comments: