Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Back, People.


Here is my assessment of the music in the year that was 2008. In no particular order.

Favorite Albums:

The Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath
Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell
Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
The Sound of Animals Fighting - The Ocean and The Sun
Senses Fail - Life is Not a Waiting Room
Thursday and Envy - Split EP
Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux
Kay Kay and his Weathered Underground - Self-titled

Worst Albums:

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
Anthony Green - Avalon

Albums I'm giving a second listen to:

The Last Shadow Puppets - Age of the Understatement
Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors
Innerpartysystem - Innerpartysystem
Islands - Arm's Way

Favorite Songs:

The Mars Volta - Ileyna
Thursday - As He Climbed the Dark Mountain
Islands - Abominable Snow
Kay Kay and his Weathered Underground - Night of the Star Child's Funk
The Sound of Animals Fighting - Cellophane (SONG OF THE YEAR - YAY!)

JMMP.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Putting aside the fact that you didn't give a single reason for why an album merits its place on a particular list, Vampire Weekend on the WORST ALBUMS of 2008? I mean, I wouldn't put them on the best, but the WORST!? Did you do even the most minimal amount of research on them? They are huge cocky assholes, who say they're influences include South African Soweto music. I thought that's the sort of snobbery you're in to...

Juxtapose My Music Pls. said...

There is one reason why each band/song is on a respective list: it is my blog, and I'll do whatever the fuck I want.

Re: Vampire Weekend - the only research I need to formulate an opinion is listening to them. Anyone who likes that album should stand in "time-out" for 10 minutes to think about band-wagon hopping. The same applies for The Ting Tings.

UX Designers Delhi said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.