Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Music and Some Updates


Hello. It has been a while. I've been recharging and trying to find some quality music to discuss. Lucky for me, a couple of my favorite bands recently released some news, so here it goes...

Anthony Green: I talk about it him way too much on this blog. However, now, as opposed to previously just telling you what bands he has been in and how awesome he is, you can check him out for yourself. His new album, Avalon, is coming out August 5th and he has posted a couple songs to check out (Dear Child and Devil's Song). The songs are available in the player to your left. I'm very excited for this album, and to see him live w/ Good Old War and Person L in September.

The Sound of Animals Fighting just updated their MySpace page with some information about their upcoming release, The Ocean and The Sun. It'll be released on Sept. 9th. The album art is in this post. I need them to post a new song already.

A couple bands I'm listening to right now are Homesick for Space, The Receiving End of Sirens, The Fall of Troy, A Northern Chorus, and obviously Anthony Green. There are some songs in the player to the left.

JMMP.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good music in the Anthony Green song "Dear Child" but it leaves the listener with the same complaint about all other Anthony Green music. What the F is he saying? If you can barely understand the artist, whether because of his incredibly high pitched 12 year old girl voice or because of the distortion, how can you actually enjoy this song or any other AG songs? No argument against his talent but this is another example of why his brand of music will never achieve measurable commercial success.

Juxtapose My Music Pls. said...

I think it's a bit short-sighted to say that you can't enjoy his songs because you can't understand what he is saying. In fact, it actually allows listeners to make their own interpretation of what he is saying. I doubt that is conscious on the artist's part, however, it is something I take away from his music. All this coming from someone (I believe I know who you are) who sucks on the emo teet of Pete Wentz and Fall Out Boy, who may be the most indiscernible band vocally I've ever heard. There is no way you can argue that.

Also, I don't think Anthony Green cares much about measurable commercial success. If how popular you are commercially is what gauges a band's success, I'd rather be unsuccessful. I would venture he feels the same way. You know how I know that? Because I dream of him and I having conversations about like on sandy beaches.

Anonymous said...

Since you are the "music expert" I defer to you on experimental and progressive music. That being said, I still cannot understand Anthony Green because he sounds like a 12 year old girl on smack. Don't hate on Pete Wentz and FOB; Wentz writes the music and Stump's glorious voice delivers it.

To make a sports analogy that you may be able to understand:

Anthony Green is like the sergio garcia of the music industry. Great talent but won't ever win the big one.

Juxtapose My Music Pls. said...

Did you read my response to your first comment, or just reiterate your first comment in an ineloquent fashion?

A couple things:

(1) Wentz doesn't write the music, he writes the lyrics. We actually can't really even play the bass, as I'm sure you know since you've seen them live.

(2) I didn't hate on FOB, I just said they are indiscernible vocally. Their music and Stump's voice are great.

(3) Your golf analogy is dumb. What is the big one in the music industry? TRL? FOB has that on lock down.